As a senior software engineer, you will serve as the technical anchor and lead for a small team of inhouse software engineers whilst overseeing the continued journey of our proprietary software platform known as Fusion. . You will identify and drive architectural changes to accelerate feature development which in turn will improve internal efficiencies and further enhance the customer experience. You will possess broad engineering skills capable of creating robust software applications whilst also influencing a wider development team to create sector leading best in class advancements:
• Experience in design of software components and data models.
• Experience in Data Development including use of SQL Databases
• Experience In back-end coding
• Experience with front end web coding including
• Experience of mobile App coding
• Previous exposure to analytics and reporting suites
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The role itself is diverse and your responsibilities include but not limited to
• Creating and maintaining a product development roadmap including timescales and budget
• Identifying technical risks/opportunities and proactively developing plans to mitigate and realise them
• Technical leadership and a focal point for the software development team
• Ensuring all software applications are well designed and of high quality
• Perform hands-on development and actively contribute to the code base including peer review of code
• Deconstruct large pieces of work into well-defined tasks to be implemented in an Agile manner
• Perform demonstrations to internal and external customers of development work
• Oversee the use of contractors where applicable.
• Research, explore and implement new technologies where required.
Skills and Knowledge
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Relationship building skills
• Ability to work under own initiative, and self-motivated
• High level of competence in use of Microsoft Office products
• A variety of programming languages including but not exclusive to the below
– HTML + CSS
• Frameworks currently in use
– Node.js + Vue
– Laravel + Vue