Simplicity is the key
Client Profile: Based in Central London, our client supplies a diverse range of packaging labels to the UK retail market.
- 14.5 millions labels in stock
- 3PL process an average of half million labels per day
- Requires same day pick and dispatch solution
Having experienced various difficulties with their previous service provider our client sought a reliable third party logistics provider who could provide a simple yet effective solution to their supply chain needs.
Having assessed the previous supply chain failures i.e. Mis-picks, stock loss etc. 3PL presented a basic yet robust service offering. Given that the account entailed serving a production line in a “just in time” environment 3PL fully acknowledged the absolute necessity of a “right first time” approach.
The pre-requisites centred in the main upon a clean warehouse environment. 3P Logistics provides state of the art facilities with 24/7 security system, giving our clients a peace of mind.
Closing the gap
In administering our “seven step methodology” 3PL were able to clearly establish the previous failures and set about instilling simple yet effective disciplines:
- The main elements of change centred on the following:
- Inbound: split, check and receive by end of business for all am inbound
- Storage: clear product segregation via shelving and racked locations
- Picking: adequate staff training linked to product awareness
- Picking: secondary checks prior to despatch
- Inventory Control: cyclical counting and quarterly stock takes
- Deliveries: Despatch and Consolidation = less vehicle movements
- Deliveries: Dedicated transport resulting in timely deliveries