3PL today signs the Government’s Armed Forces Covenant as it launches a range of measures to support service leavers and veterans, helping them access training and careers with 3PL.
The initiative is launched jointly with the Ministry of Defence and will result in greater support for those leaving the armed forces, as well as reservists, to help recruit colleagues into one of the 200 current full and part time career opportunities at 3PL.
As part of the Covenant, 3PL will offer guaranteed interviews to service leavers for all roles (pending that candidates meet the minimum requirements for the role) to help with what can be a difficult transition to civilian life.
3PL is a one of the fast growing ecommerce fulfilment providers in the UK, There are currently career opportunities with 3PL, for more information visit www.3p-logistics.co.uk/careers/, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01942 402 314.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation ensuring that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly. More information about the Armed Forces Covenant and how to get involved is at https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/
Through their Armed Forces Covenant pledges, employers have demonstrated concrete support for the Armed Forces family and key initiatives include:
– An agreement with mortgage lenders allowing personnel posted abroad to rent out their homes without facing higher mortgage costs or having to change their mortgage.
– Fairer mobile and broadband phone contracts, freezing the accounts of Armed Forces personnel and their families posted overseas and removing cancellation fees.
– Better deals in motor insurance, allowing personnel to keep their no claims bonuses and avoid cancellation fees when posted overseas at short notice.
– Employer networks in a wide range of sectors to support Service leavers through their transition to new careers.
– A Review of the Covenant in Business commissioned by the Forces in Mind Trust is being run to highlight and promote best practice and identify areas for further improvement.
More information about the companies involved can be found at https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/businesses-helping-deliver-armed-forces-covenant/